Sunday, October 18, 2009

Work and No More Play

7th Oct-9th Oct

David started his job, all 6 am morning shifts. Getting up at 5 am to start the prep work. Those salads need to be chopped alright. But its good to have work after 4 months of travelling, plus this is when the bank account will hopefully start to grow again. Plus to add, he met some strange people at that hour of the morning. Let me explain: While he was sitting outside the subway store in Southbank, an old man comes out from the restaurant next door with a leaf blower in his hands. The man turns it on and starts running around chasing leaves away from the restaurant. Then he blows away the leaves from outside Subway and at that time he runs over to David, starts touching him on the head and shoulders while saying "oh, I'm 77 years old and still can do this every morning....ha ha ha". Then he runs back and starts to blow leaves again. Lucky the manager came to open the store, otherwise who knows what would have happened with that leaf blower.

As for me, well I just did some house work and enjoyed my days off leading up to the Friday when I begin my new working experience. We also went to the cinema to watch Mao's Last Dancer this afternoon, and it was a nice film. I even cried at the end, just a little though.

Angela & David

No comments: