Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hello New Farm, our home for the next six months!

3rd October - 4th October


We moved in to our bright, spacious double room in New Farm. Fantastic room when compared with what we lived in Dublin, and costs less, but that comes at a price. We did have a rough night sleep for the first night as we got to know our house mates and their weekend habits. These habits include drinking all night, making noise all night, and basically staying up all night. To add there are birds singing their lungs out at 4.30 am right outside the window. We were a little bit tired to say the least the next day and it didn't help as I had a job interview to go to. But we struggled on as best we could, I went for the interview. I came out smiling as the manager was very nice, and he agreed to give me a trial day tomorrow. I was on a high and very excited. To celebrate we just went to sleep early that saturday and try an get the energy back for the trial day. Our new flatmates were still in the party mood and decided to do another all night session, this time they did keep the noise down and showed a bit of respect for their fellow flatmates. (We would normally join them for that sort of a party aswell, but just when we get a job and have something to celebrate).

Sunday, the nerves, the butterflies in the stomach, it was all there. I started my trial with a bang. A broken glass and broken plates all within the first hour. I was not feeling very confident about getting the job. So I got called in to the office by the manager, he smiled and gave me the job. Yipee, I got a job now. Well that was easy, but don't start until next Friday though, so another week of rest for me. Yipee to that too, I sure need it as the crocs that I bought gave me the biggest blisters imaginable, damn you crocs, you were suppose to be comfortable.

Angela & David

No comments: