Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Ahoy!!!

9th October-11th October

Friday. David was up again at the 4.45 am, crack of dawn, to face his subway challange. While I had the evening shift to look forward to as it starts at 6 pm. When David came back from work he felt like having a beer or two even though he probably shouldn't have as he got his last Hepatitis B vaccine. But sure how can you stop the Friday feeling. He got his six pack of Grolsh of all things and enjoyed them with the company of housemates, as at the weekend this house turns into a party house. As I finished working my first day there were some free drinks being offered to all the staff, and what better way to get to know them than with a drink and some chat. So that was fun, and instead of one comlimentary glass of wine I ended up having three and feeling a bit tipsy. When I got back home David had already gone to bed, he did however finish his six pack of beer, and even got some southern comfort that was left over from Malaysia. He was out for the count, but I was in a good mood and decided to join my fellow house mates downstairs for some more fun. We ended up playing the Roxanne drinking game and staying up til 4.30 am.That was only me going to bed though, the rest were up to their usual and drinking until 7 or 8 am.

Saturday came too fast, with not enough sleep and hangover for me. I swear to you my ability to handle a hangover is not the same as in the younger days. But all in all I had work to look forward too and so did David. We watched a lot of "Friends" episodes and did what we had to do which was work work work. At least working weekends we don't spend money and will keep it for seeing Australia later.

Angela & David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there,
i was looking forward to hearing from you
all is good i can see, but i would like to know a little bit more about australia as a country and the weather of course as you can imagine
irish like to talk about the weather
which is not great
today was raining most of the day, i didn't get out of the house all day
but it could be worse
love you two
xxooxxoo
mum
hi from vince