Friday, February 5, 2010

45 seconds of freefall!!

1st Of February
Skydive Lake Wanaka


This morning was a special morning. It was our time to fly, high in the sky. We are about to do a tandem skydive, which we were planning all this time from the beginning and now its finally here. Arrived at the airport, early. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, a perfect day for a jump. We got briefed on the safety, we signed forms to say that we could die and that they are not responsible. Oh the trust we have. The nerves were on edge, well for David anyway. I was not nervous, pretty calm, even though I have never been wanting to do a skydive because I was scared. We got assigned our partners, I got a Swedish man (what a coincidence). David got close with a Polish dude, that new a few words in Russian. All well, in the plane, trying to smile, squashed together, sitting between the legs of our masters, I was relaxed even though I am nervous about flying normally. It was exciting and the scenery was amazing. We could see Mt Cook, the lakes, the longest river in NZ and everything else too.


Its time 12000 ft (3500m), the door opens and it is really happening. We are about to free fall for 45 seconds, down to earth at around 200km/h. David went first, lucky him. I watched as he just disappeared out the door. (thinking, I wonder is this the last time I will see him in one piece?!).
It all happened so fast, next thing I am falling. What a feeling, its amazing. Landing on the ground, David was already waiting for me. We ran up to each other and hugged, and kissed. We both had the biggest smiles on our faces. AEVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT!

Angela & Ingemar
My tandem man


David and his tandem man, the polish guy we call him.


Aaaaaaaaaangela

Angela

Angela

David

David

David must have lied when he said he wasn't scared!
Look at the size of his nose!

David and his pink parachute

Ingemar & Angela
Happy to be alive!

The day was only beginning, but it could not get any better. We went to the Puzzling World museum, which was fun. Running around the labyrinth and visiting the room of illusions, where things roll uphill and the like. Then lunch on the grass, and a dip in the lake to cool off. What a day. Queenstown next.



Angela & David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi again,
oh you are so brave, i wish i was as brave
well done
i would love to see the pics
love yous
ooxxooxxooxx